This past week Grandpa Marc and Grandma Sharon came to SoCal for a little vacation. They rented a timeshare in San Juan Capistrano and planned to spend a few days at Disneyland. In addition to my dad and his wife, my step-sister Kari, her husband, and two of their three kids came to stay a few days.
We were so excited to play at California Adventure on Wednesday. Jay had the day off so we were all able to go down and see everyone. It's a little hard to really talk that much when you're trying to play all day, but we still had a great time. Jack and 4 year old Hannah really hit it off and were even holding hands as we walked through the park.
Thursday Jack and I headed to Corona del Mar State Beach to spend a few hours playing in the water and sand with everyone. It was such an awesome beach! I brought our two boogie boards, and my dad and Kari's husband, Wade, had a good time riding some waves. Jack also got to smash the awesome sand castle that Kari and her girls built before we left, which I think was one of the highlights for him that day. We were able to spend more time talking and spending time together before Jack and I headed home.
Friday was another day playing, this time at Disneyland. Jack and I got a late start and didn't get to the park til 3, but I think that ended up being better since Jack was tired that day and I don't think I could've lasted more than the 6 hours we stayed. We were still able to share some of Jack's favorite rides with 7 year old Adell and Hannah, and of course Grandma and Grandpa. We tried to stay and watch Fantasmic, but Jack was so tired and the loud sounds scared him so he told me he was ready to go home.
We wish we could've spent more time with everyone but were so happy we were able to see them as much as we did. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to see them again. I'm sad I didn't take more pictures but I guess we were just having too much fun doing other things!
We were so excited to play at California Adventure on Wednesday. Jay had the day off so we were all able to go down and see everyone. It's a little hard to really talk that much when you're trying to play all day, but we still had a great time. Jack and 4 year old Hannah really hit it off and were even holding hands as we walked through the park.
Friday was another day playing, this time at Disneyland. Jack and I got a late start and didn't get to the park til 3, but I think that ended up being better since Jack was tired that day and I don't think I could've lasted more than the 6 hours we stayed. We were still able to share some of Jack's favorite rides with 7 year old Adell and Hannah, and of course Grandma and Grandpa. We tried to stay and watch Fantasmic, but Jack was so tired and the loud sounds scared him so he told me he was ready to go home.
We wish we could've spent more time with everyone but were so happy we were able to see them as much as we did. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to see them again. I'm sad I didn't take more pictures but I guess we were just having too much fun doing other things!


Comments