Baby Beluga, our pet caterpillar!
A children's museum close to us is selling caterpillars for anyone to take home and watch it turn into a painted lady butterfly. We are excited to watch it all happen (even though I thought I killed our caterpillar, then threw it away and later realized it was still alive. I've been a super spaz about it and have spent 2 days stressing over it and feeling sick about it, and I'm sure Jay will be happy when this is all over). Luckily, our neighbors got a caterpillar too and were gracious enough for us to bring him home as Baby Beluga II since their little boy didn't know about it yet. But shhh, Jack doesn't know and we're not telling. Either way, I think it will be cool too see it turn into a chrysalis and then emerge as a butterfly.P.S. You put the little cup it comes in into a jar or box with a stick and then when it's ready to change into a chrysalis, it climbs out of the cup and attaches to the stick. I didn't know this with the first one and tried to move the caterpillar into a jar with dirt and leaves, and a stick with his food on it, but he fell into the dirt and didn't move at all for hours and I finally made Jay put it back into its cup and then it stopped moving, hence why I thought it was dead. Let's just say I've been a little dramatic about it. Poor caterpillar.
Comments