Congratulations- It's a Blanket!

Remember how months ago I mentioned I was going to knit a baby blanket for one of the attorneys I work for? Well, I finally finished it Thursday, the day before the shower. I started knitting at the beginning of April, but had issues picking a color because Maria, the mother-to-be, hadn't picked colors for the baby room. So, I ended up starting the blanket about three different times with different colors and designs in mind. After a few days of going back and forth on what I wanted to do, I realized it would be too difficult to do what I really wanted, and ended up making it blue with a brown crochet edge, which worked our perfectly since she decided the baby's room would be blue and brown. Here is the finished product. I think it took me between 15 and 20 hours, but was well worth it. Hopefully my next blanket will go faster since I've done it once already.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Chris and Holly said…
It turned out so cute with that brown edge! What a gorgeous blanket! She'll love it! Good job- it's perfect!
Anonymous said…
Wow - it turned out really great! Homemade gifts are the best. I bet Mom & baby will just love to cuddle with it.
adrienne said…
It turned out so cute! I'm very impressed with your new hobby you've picked up! I always think a gift you make yourself is so much more special than one you buy.
Erin said…
You are so talented! It turned out so cute. Now I definitely need you to teach me next time we see you and have a few hours/days to spare.
Hilary said…
I love the blanket...you do good work. Congrats!!!
Shannan said…
I am so glad that you are crafty! No, really, it looks amazing. You have a real talent. I bet she just loved it. I agree with Adrienne. The gifts you make are so special.