Spring Break- Day 3

Monday, March 10- The boys were able to go explore downtown LA in the morning. Jay showed them all around the town. Below are some pictures of the Los Angeles Library Central Branch.











The Disney Concert Hall is definitely a building everyone needs to see while they are here.











Chinatown is also pretty cool, even if you can't understand a word that's being spoken.

And you must take a ride on the Metro. Every Metro station has it's own theme. Here is a look at the Metro station at Sunset and Vine. Enlarge the picture to see the old film reels covering the ceiling. Pretty cool, huh?









And who can come to Hollywood and not visit the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Look, we're famous!









Jay, Jess, and Jim also visited Our Lady of Angels Cathedral, Pershing Square, Kodak Theatre, Ameoba Music (a huge used music and video store where you can find anything you want), the Bob Hope Post Office, and my office. We were going to go visit City Walk after I got off work, but we weren't sure how long the shuttle ran and didn't want to risk having to walk all the way down the hill to the Metro Station. Instead we went to the movies and saw "Be Kind Rewind".
It was a little silly and not as funny as I thought it would be, but it was still a fun movie. I would say it's rent worthy, but wouldn't go pay another $21 to see it (don't worry, that's for both Jay and me). The boys fell right asleep from their day of exploring.

Comments

Chadlee said…
I can't believe you packed that all in to one day!
Shannan said…
It sounds like they had a busy day. No wonder they fell right to sleep! I can't believe how expensive movies are here. And I have never even heard of that movie. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures with the Godfrey boys.
Anonymous said…
Cool post!!! Love your new color!