Happy Easter!!

Well, I don't have kids of my own to celebrate Easter with, but I do have my primary kids. On Saturday we decorated Easter Eggs and had an Easter Egg Hunt. I must admit that I had a great time, and I think the kids did too! I got to hide most of the eggs, and I think I inherited my mom's hiding skills. I tried to be clever and hid some green eggs in some vines, and at the end, I went back to make sure those eggs were found, and I had to rustle some vines in order to find the last egg because I couldn't see it! Here are some pictures of our fun activity.

And I couldn't resist posting this picture because our cute Sunbeams were sharing their treats with each other. These boys are so adorable!
I made deviled eggs on Sunday for the first time, and Jay just loved the fact that my third grade drawing of the Devilron sounded so much like deviled eggs that we now refer to them as "Devilron Eggs". I'm sure this picture looks familiar to our families, seeing as how Jay made sure we had it at Christmas time no matter where we went. Jay likes to think of the Devilron as our family mascot (and yes, it does hang on our fridge). I'm pretty sure he's going to have shirts made of this picture.



Comments

Erin said…
There's nothing like a good ol' Devilron egg (although a bit oxymoronic). Go team Devilron! We will let you hide the eggs for the hunt next Easter since you have honed your skills. We missed having you here also.
Shannan said…
I have never seen this picture before! What is the story behind Devilron? I can't believe it adorns your home, lo these many years!
Meghan said…
Well, we actually just got this picture from Mom at Christmastime. She handed over a stack of papers from elementary school, so it's only been on the fridge since January. And apparently if you see the Devilron you go to the 'underground' and if you touch his ears you die instantly. He can also jump over 40 foot buildings and run 1,000,000 miles an hour.
Anonymous said…
You are such a great primary teacher! BTW, we made 48 deviled eggs this past weekend. The whole family loves them. I almost posted a picture of mine, too. Great minds think alike... I'm so glad your mom saved your drawings. Don't they bring back great memories? Yours of Devilron is really something - and what powers he has!! My mom saved NOTHING from my school years. I only have my report cards, because I kept those, so rest assured, that I've kept a lot of things from my kids' grades. They love looking at them even now, that they are still in school!
Shannan said…
The Devilron is amazing. I love the story, and I have been laughing about all morining. You should definitely make t-shirts. Looking at your picture close made me think of ligers. By the way, Jim loves the name Devilron.
Holly said…
The activity looked like so much fun- I'm so bummed we missed it! Boo hoo. And I never knew about Devilron either. What an imaginative little one you were!!
Liz said…
Growing up, my next-door neighbors used to scare me by telling me about the devil who lived underground. They would point to red weeds and tell me they were his "horns" and if I touched them I would die. Coincidence???

Also, that picture of the Sunbeams is adorable. You guys do such a good job in Primary!