I don't know if I mentioned that Jay was in an accident on his scooter back on February 26. Luckily, he was only slightly injured, and it happened a few blocks from home. He had just gone back to work after his paternity leave, and then had to take a week off from work since he injured his right hand and ankle, and there was no way he could stand for 8 hours a day or lift anything. I was glad to have more time with him, but that didn't happen quite the way I wanted.
Unfortunately, the insurance we had on the scooter didn't cover costs to fix our scooter. The accident wasn't Jay's fault so we were hoping/praying that the other driver did have insurance so they would pay us for the scooter. It took 2 weeks for the other driver to finally respond that he did have insurance and give us the info, and then it took 3 months to get checks from his insurance to pay for the totaled scooter, ruined helmet, medical bills, and loss of income. What a pain!!
So, finally, almost 4 months after the accident, we had money to buy another scooter. Don't think us crazy! Jay is being extra careful and it saves him 15 minutes on his commute and a bit of gas money. Not to mention that he can park it in the garage, and it just costs so much less than having another car.
The scooter he bought last Saturday looks so cool! He got a Genuine Buddy BlackJack. It is used and had some scratches, but I think he's really liking it. And I am really liking having a car again. (I'm not sure our checkbook is with all our trips to Target, but it's mostly window shopping...mostly...)
Unfortunately, the insurance we had on the scooter didn't cover costs to fix our scooter. The accident wasn't Jay's fault so we were hoping/praying that the other driver did have insurance so they would pay us for the scooter. It took 2 weeks for the other driver to finally respond that he did have insurance and give us the info, and then it took 3 months to get checks from his insurance to pay for the totaled scooter, ruined helmet, medical bills, and loss of income. What a pain!!
So, finally, almost 4 months after the accident, we had money to buy another scooter. Don't think us crazy! Jay is being extra careful and it saves him 15 minutes on his commute and a bit of gas money. Not to mention that he can park it in the garage, and it just costs so much less than having another car.
The scooter he bought last Saturday looks so cool! He got a Genuine Buddy BlackJack. It is used and had some scratches, but I think he's really liking it. And I am really liking having a car again. (I'm not sure our checkbook is with all our trips to Target, but it's mostly window shopping...mostly...)
Comments