Moving On Up

We officially moved to our new apartment on Wednesday. We're in the same building, just on the top floor in a one bedroom now. We've had so many people ask us how we stayed together living in a studio apartment and commenting on how hard they thought it would be. Honestly, living in that apartment has brought us closer together, and as we were collecting the last of our belongings on Wednesday night from our little place we called home for 2 years, we were sad to leave it. We definitely have a lot more room here and I find myself asking Jay where he is if I can't see him. It may take some time to get used to this new place.

I have to give Jay huge props for working so hard to paint our new place and make it a nice home for us. He worked for over a hundred hours on it, and ended up moving the majority of our stuff while I was at work this week. He is a wonderful husband, that's for sure! And now that we have room again, we are actually buying things to decorate our place with. Everything we've used so far has been either given to us for our wedding or we have been borrowing. I'm trying to make our place look more cohesive than it has been, so as I get rooms all set up and looking good, I'll post some pictures. Hopefully everything will work out the way I picture it in my head. I guess only time will tell.

Also, I want to give a big shout out to Jason and Tom for helping us move our big furniture. You guys are awesome! Thank you!

Comments

Shannan said…
Yay! You will definitely have to post some pictures when you can. I am glad that you will have more space. And way to go Jay! He is a hard worker. I'm sure it will only make your place feel that much more like it is yours.
adrienne said…
YEAH! I'm so excited for you guys to have a little more room. Now it better be all decorated and perfect when we come out next spring, or else!! ;)
Erin said…
That is exciting! I can't wait to see how it looks, especially since we were able to see it before. I am sure you will feel like it is home in no time. Good luck decorating. I still feel like I have no clue, but I will say that I did buy a few things for our kitchen a while back and it actually looks kindof good (at least in my opinion). So I've decided that if aren't afraid to spend a little money and can copy ideas (unless you have the interior decorator gene - yeah I don't have it) then you can pull it off.
Tom and Heather said…
Congrats! We'll have to come see your new place. I'm so excited that things worked out for you to move up there.
thanks for bringing over the Wii so we could play last week. It was good to finally meet you after hearing about you for so many years!
Carrie