Marvelous Malibu

Jay and I have been meaning to get out to a beach in Malibu called El Matador. One of the attorneys at work had shown me pictures of how beautiful it was, and since we had a free day we decided to make the drive. Unfortunately, the parking lot for the El Matador beach was full, so we drove just a little further up the Pacific Coast Highway, and found La Piedro Beach. You have to walk down a steep path and across some rocks to get to the actual beach, but it was beautiful and almost deserted. It was perfect beach weather, and it was so nice to be somewhere that wasn't filled with people. I brought some books, my iPod, and my knitting. We were able to just relax and get some sun. We will be going back for sure.
There are all sorts of huge, beautiful houses that line the Pacific Coast Highway and have stairs that lead to the beach. This is one house that was right on the beach. How would you like to live there? Someday...

Comments

Ines said…
Beautiful beach! I wish I could be there right now. You guys are so lucky. Chris & Dexter went to Fathers & Sons Friday and got snowed on!
Erin said…
It does look beautiful! I wouldn't mind a house on the beach but one just a little farther away from the water.
adrienne said…
It looks so beautiful! I'm a little jealous that you get to live so close to the ocean.
Holly said…
That looks incredible! And SO much better than the crowded, dirty, noisy Santa Monica Beach! Glad you guys got to go. Can we invite ourselves next time you go? =)
Shannan said…
That beach looks awesome. You definitely look like you had the beach to yourself. That "I (heart) M" reminded me of when we went to San Diego for our first anniversary and Jim started writing "I (heart) Sha" in the sand, and I took a picture, thinking he was writing Shannan, of course, and then he finished it with "Shamu".